Bluetooth device not showing up Mac is one of the most important errors that can halt the Bluetooth sharing trends. You can share any kind of media files while using Bluetooth but certain technical glitch appears while using this application. If you are dealing with the issue, then don’t panic. Here, in this article, we are going to present some effective solutions that can help you to fix the problem with your Bluetooth device. Go through the entire article and resolve the problem on your own.
Effective Solutions on Bluetooth Device not Showing up Mac
In this part of the article, we are going to present some effective solutions that can help you to fix the issue. So, let’s have a look at the upcoming part of the article to know the details.
Solution 1: Turn Off and Turn On the Bluetooth
You can get rid of the issue by just turning On and again turning Off the Bluetooth device. Here, are the steps that can help you to do this:
- At first click on the Bluetooth icon which is located on the Menu bar, at the top of your computer screen.
- Thereafter, click on the Turn Off option.
- Then, click on the Turn On option.
Otherwise, you can use the System Preference option, that can also help you to do this. Here, are the steps that can help you to do so.
- Use the System Preference Utility, which is located at the bottom of the computer screen.
- After that, click on the ‘System preference’ option
- Now, click on the Bluetooth icon from the appearing menu.
- Thereafter, click on the Turn Off option and disable the Bluetooth device.
- After that, click on the Turn Off option and enable the Bluetooth device. And, check if the problem is resolved or not. If this was not enough to help you to fix your problem, then you should try the next step.
Solution 2: Remove the Bluetooth Device
You should remove the Bluetooth device to get rid of the issue. If the procedure is unknown to you, then the steps which are mentioned here will help you.
- At first, go to the ‘System Preferences’ option and follow the steps mentioned above.
- Thereafter, click on the Bluetooth icon.
- After that, if you detect the device which is causing the problem, then click on “X” which is located just beside it. This will help you to remove the issue.
- Once you are done with the steps which are mentioned before, now click on the Restart option.
- Now, wait a few minutes to Restart your device.
- At the next step, you need to reconnect the USB device. And, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Verify the Interference
If the procedure which is mentioned in the earlier part of the article is unable to fix your problem, then you should verify if there is interference. If you are operating through 2.4 GHz band, then sometimes it may interfere with the Bluetooth device. Sometimes, metal objects might be the causes behind the issue with your Bluetooth device. So, check if there are any metal objects around your devices.
Solution 4: Remove and Restore “Bluetooth.plist” file
There are two methods that can help you to remove the “plist files” from the Mac device. The methods are hereby:
- Using Terminal
- Using Finder
Now, here we are going to discuss the steps that can help you to do so. Go through the steps mentioned below:
Use the Terminal
Here are the steps that can help you run the Terminal method. Go through the steps, under mentioned.
- At first, you will need to launch the Terminal from your device. To open it at first click on the Finder icon. After that, as the Finder opens select the Go Menu, and then go to the Utilities. In Utilities, you will find the Terminal.
- Thereafter, type “sudo rm -R /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Bluetooth.plist”
- After that, hit the Enter button.
- Then, type your login password in the appearing space. And, again hit the Enter button.
- After that, you will need to restart your Mac device.
- Go to System Preferences and click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Then, click on the Turn On Bluetooth option.
- After that, you will need to pair your devices.
Use the Finder
You can also use the Finder option to get rid of the trouble. Here, are the steps that can help you to do it.
- At first, you have to launch the Finder option from your Mac iOS device.
- Thereafter, click on the Go option. Then, move on to the Folder
- And type “/Library/Preferences” in the appearing dialog box and click Go.
- At the next step, you will need to find out the “com.apple.Bluetooth.plist file”. After, finding that move it to the Trash.
- Then, again click on the Go option, and then select the ‘Go to Folder’ and type “/Library/Preferences/ByHost” and again click on the Go option.
- Now, you need to search for the “com.apple.Bluetooth.XXX.plist” file and move it to the Trash files.
- Furthermore, you will need to proceed with restarting the Mac device. This will help you to generate the “Bluetooth plist files” automatically.
- Then, again turn On and turn Off the Bluetooth and check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Re-configure and Reset the Bluetooth device
If all the steps from the previous part of the article was unable to fix your problem, then this step can resolve your problem easily. Go through the part which is mentioned below and get rid of the issue.
- At first, press and hold the shift + Option/Alt both at the same time from your keyboard.
- Then, click on the Bluetooth icon from the Menu bar.
- Thereafter, click on the Debug option and remove all the devices.
- After that, again launch the menu and click on the Debug option again.
Now, reset the Bluetooth modules and re-pair the Bluetooth device. Then, check if the problem still persists or not.
Hope, this article has helped you to fix the problem with Bluetooth device not showing up Mac. If you have any queries, then you can comment below.