How to transfer Music from iPhone to computer is one of the most talked about questions among the Apple iPhone users. Music on the iPhone always provides the user with lots of pleasures or memories when they are alone. So, they like to download or purchase their favorite songs from the iTunes store and save it on their iPhone devices directly. But, due to certain reasons, maybe for a backup, you may want to transfer music from iPhone to the computer. However, transferring Music from iPhone to computer is not that simple or easy. Therefore, here in this article, we are going to show you how you can transfer music with some easy and simple methods.
The major cause of transferring music from iPhone to computer is when you have to make a playlist for your computer. As discussed earlier, another reason for transferring the music is when you have to take a backup. After knowing the reasons for the music transfer, we will now proceed to follow the methods of transferring music.
How to import music from iPhone to computer: Easy Methods
Now, in this section of the article, you will get to know the methods that will help you get the transferring music job done. We also suggest that you follow each and every step in order to get the best music transfer results. Therefore, follow the methods that are given below to learn how to transfer music from iPhone to computer.
Method 1: Using the iTunes Application
In the first method, you will get to learn the steps of transferring music by using the iTunes application. If you have recently purchased music from the iTunes store, then you can transfer them to your computer. However, if in case you are not able to perform the steps, we will guide you. Therefore, follow the steps that are given below to get to know about the process:
- First of all, you have to download and install the iTunes application on your computer. When the iTunes application installs, you have to open the iTunes application.
- Now, you have to go to the Account section, and then you have to open the Authorizations option.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Authorize This Computer link.
- After that, you have to click on the Authorize option. By clicking on this, it will authorize your computer to play purchased music of the iTunes store.
- Now, with the help of the lighting cable you have to connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Next, a screen will appear asking you to transfer the purchases to your computer.
- Now, you have to click on the Transfer Purchases.
- Click on the File tab and select the Devices option. Click on the Transfer Purchases From iPhone option and choose the music files that you want to transfer.
So, this is how you can transfer music from your iPhone to a computer with the help of the iTunes application. If you want to know about additional methods, then you can follow the next section down below.
Method 2: Use the iCloud application
In this method, you will be able to sync songs, albums, and playlist all at once. This method is only possible if the iCloud music library is turned On on both the computer and iPhone. Also, both the computer and the iPhone must be connected to the same WiFi connection. However, you need to use an Apple ID for performing the method. You have to use the same Apple ID which you have used for the Apple Music Subscription. Now, you can follow the steps below:
- In the first step, you have to unlock your iPhone, and then you have to tap on the Settings app icon.
- Now, you have to scroll down to find the option of Music. On finding the Music option, you have to tap on it.
- In the next step, you have to turn On the toggle for the iCloud Music Library option.
- The moment you turn On the toggle of the iCloud Music Library option, you will be asked to keep the music in iCloud.
- After that on your computer, you have to open the iTunes application. Now, you have to select the iTunes tab from the application window.
- Click on the Preferences option from the list of options.
- Now, you have to click on the General tab in the Preferences window. Check the box of the iCloud Music Library and click on the OK button to save all the changes.
After performing all the above steps you will be able to transfer music from iPhone to the computer. In case, you are unable to perform the above steps, then you can follow the next method that is given down below.
Method 3: Set Automatic Music transfer on the iTunes Application
You can try to set the automatic transfer of the music files on the iTunes application. In case, you are unaware of the procedure, then follow the steps that are given down below:
- In the first step, you have to open the iTunes application software on your system. Now, you have to click on the Music tab from the menu in the left pane.
- After that, you have to check if the box beside the Sync Music option is enabled or not. If the box is not checked, then you have to check it.
- In the next step, you have to click on the Radio button which is beside the Entire Music option. By clicking on this button, you will be able to transfer the entire music files.
- However, if in case you want to select specific songs and music playlists, then you have to click on the Radio button beside playlists, artists, and albums.
- Finally, when you have to start the automatic syncing process, you have to click on the Apply button.
- Now, let the iTunes application software and the iPhone perform their work.
- When the transfer process finishes, you can try to check if all the music files that want are transferred to the computer or not.
Therefore, these were the steps that you can follow to transfer the data. In case, you are still not able to carry out the steps, then you can follow the next section of the article which is given below.
Method 4: Try to Manually transfer music on the iTunes application
In another method, you can try to manually transfer music files on the iTunes application. If you are not familiar with the process, then follow the steps below to know the complete process:
- First of all, you have to open the iTunes application on your computer. After that, you have to locate the Library option on the left pane of the iTunes window.
- After finding the option, you have to click on it. In the next step, you have to click on the Songs option.
- Now, you can drag and drop the songs files to the computer. In case, there are a lot of songs, then you can press the CTRL key from the keyboard and select the songs that you want.
- Now, drag the selected songs, and then drop on the computer location that you want.
So, this is how you can manually transfer music files from the iPhone to the computer. Therefore, we hope that these easy steps may help you to get the iPhone music files to the computer.
These were the methods that you can try to sort out the query on how to transfer Music from iPhone to computer. These methods are tried, tested and easy to follow. Hence, you will not face any issue while performing the steps. However, you can provide some feedback through the comments section if you face any trouble.