iTunes are used by several users across the world but sometimes, unexpected problem may encounter and as a result it leaves them in frustrating mode. The iTunes error code 1013 usually appears while updating the iPhone 4. But users absolutely need not to be worried about it as we solutions to fix iTunes error code 1013 that are described below.
Solutions to troubleshoot iTunes error code 1013
Solution 1: The solution is for Mac users.
- Go to the “Applications” icon first and then, access the “Utilities” folder. Users are required to launch the “Terminal” icon.
- The next thing which you need to type is as follows; “sudo nano /etc/hosts”. Write it without any quotes and then, hit “return’ icon
- Enter your password accurately
work with the down arrow keys to easily find the “gs.apple.com” entries. Make sure that you have commented on the line(s) by entering “#” without any quotes in front of the text.
- Save the file by simply pressing the ‘CONTROL+O’ icon which is there on the keyboard
users need to exit the ‘nano “editor by pressing the “CONTROL+X” on the keyboard
Restore the iDevice now
Solution 2: Change the USB Cable to get rid of the error code
- Still facing the problem? Then it is recommended for users to using the USB cable which came with the device. If it’s not working then, try to work with another USB cable. Now it is requested to try to switch to a different USB port on the computer. If still the error code exist then, switch to a USB port on a different computer. I hope this will work for you.
Related Blog: How to Fix iTunes Error 3004
Well, all the above solutions are for Mac users. But we have also provided solution for Windows users. This solution is performed with the help of “Editing Host File”. The solution works great and can easily be performed in any of the operating system whether it is Windows or Mac. But we specifically have applied this method for Windows users. Follow below instructions now:
- Here the very first thing is simply to locate the Host on your Window system. Go to the “Drive C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc”. Now just open the “Host” file icon in the Notepad and carefully remove the above line which is typed as “gs.apple.com”. Save the file and then launch iTunes and restore your iPhone, iPad, iPod or iPod Touch normally.
Call us at iTunes Support Number to experience immediate solutions for all your queries.
Connect to our technicians at iTunes Customer Support Number to have immediate solutions for different types of iTunes issues. We are available 24*7 hours to bring users the most appropriate solution at their desk. Technical team is backed by expert, skilled and competent technicians who resolve issues from the core.