Basically, iTunes won’t open issue occurs after updating the latest version of iTunes. In such a case, iTunes may freeze up every time when you are going to launch it. This application might malfunction due to many reasons. The users got puzzled and look for the perfect methods that can be helpful for them.
Due to the outdated iTunes application, this issue occurs the most. Apart from that, if you turned off the iCloud Music Library, then it is also quite possible that you can face the same problem. If the country or the region is not set properly, then there is also a possibility of getting the same issue on your Windows 10 device.
Unfortunately, if you are also encountering the same issue, then this article is the right choice for you as it can help you anyway. So it is highly recommended to follow the steps exactly in the same manner as described here and get rid of this issue on your own.
Effective Methods to Fix the iTunes Won’t Open Windows 10 Issue:
Here in this section, we are going to present some potential methods that can help you to resolve the iTunes won’t open on PC issue efficaciously. Thus, read out the simplified tricks and fix the problem without any sort of trouble.
But we suggest that before going to the main part, restart your device once more. Because a simple restart can even resolve the issue in many instances.
Solution 1: Launch iTunes in Safe Mode
This is the most reliable solution to get rid of the iTunes not opening issue. Launching iTunes in safe mode is as effective to fix other iTunes related issues as well. To do so, the first and foremost thing that you have to do is to tap on the Ctrl and Shift key at the same time and tap on the iTunes software.
- A pop-up box will launch on the screen with a few preferences.
- After that, just hit on Access and as well as start the option in Safe Mode.
- In case the method is workable for you, then review the installed plugins.
- After that, you need to exit from the iTunes application.
- To find the plugins, you need to tap on the Apple Computer option.
- Now, navigate to the “C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\iTunes Plug-ins”.
- Here you have to move the plugins to another place and then copy them one after another.
- At the final step, start the iTunes application and check if it is working or not.
If you are still getting the same issue, then copy the rest plug-ins and then strive to download that one which is the main culprit for the issue.
Solution 2: Change the Region of iTunes
If the first method is not enough to solve the iTunes not responding issue, then you have to change the region of iTunes.
The first and foremost thing you have to do is to navigate to the Settings app and scroll down until you see the “iTunes & App store”. Now, tap on this option to get the login page. After that, click on your Apple ID and move to choose the ‘View Apple ID’ option.
- In this page, you need to provide your Apple ID and password, in case required.
- Thereafter, choose the ‘Country/Region’ option by clicking on it and navigate to the ‘Change country or region’ option as well.
- Hit the ‘Next’ icon and then press ‘Agree’ too.
- At the final step, review the instructions that are shown on the screen and complete the entire process.
- Reboot your Windows 10 device once more and check if iTunes is working properly or still showing the issues.
Solution 3: Recreate and Restore iTunes Library
For Creating a New Library:
If the Library gets missing or corrupted, then you might not be able to open the iTunes on your Windows device. But there is an effective way to get rid of the problem. If you recreate the iTunes library, then it can solve the issue as well. Here’s how you can create and restore the iTunes library.
- First of all, tap on the Shift key and choose iTunes from the list of options.
- Now, you will be prompted to choose either an existing library or create a new one.
- You have to hit on Create Library and be prepared to give it a random name.
- After that, tap on the Save option.
- Launch iTunes, and see if it’s working fine or still creating trouble. If yes, then it seems that the library is corrupted.
- Now, exit from iTunes and try to restore it.
For Restoring the Previous Version:
First, move to the Library option and click on it. After that, navigate to choose the following path that is “C:\Users\ashis\Music\iTunes\Previous iTunes Libraries”. Copy this and you have to replace it with the name of “iTunes Library”. Now, set the library as default one and then click on it.
Here, we have already shortlisted the probable reasons and the potential solutions to fix iTunes won’t open in Windows 10 issue. So, follow the methods accordingly to get fruitful results.
But in case, if you find any sort of difficulties, then do not think twice to get in touch with us. Leave your valuable words in the comment section and let us know the exact problem you are facing now. If you have more tech-related queries, then follow our website.