Airplay is a wireless communication technology introduced by Apple. If you need to mirror your Mac, iPhone or iPad to your TV or a wireless speaker, then you will need to access AirPlay. If you are facing any kinds of problem while streaming music and videos through AirPlay, then this guide is for you. Here in this article, we are going to discuss some of the efficient methods that can help you to fix your problem with AirPlay not working on Mac. Keep following the entire article to know the details on it.
Effective Solutions to Fix Apple AirPlay Not Working on Mac
Here, in this part of the article, we are going to discuss some easy fixes that can help you to resolve your problem with Apple AirPlay not working on Mac. Go through the part below to know the detailed solutions.
Solution 1: Check if your Apple TV is Awake or Not
To avoid the issue of AirPlay not working on Mac you should follow the steps which are discussed below.
At first, you will need to be sure about that if your Apple TV is awakened or not. Then, restart your MacOS device. Here, are the steps that can help you to restart your Mac device.
- At first, you will need to press and hold the Power button or you can press the Control + Eject button from keyboard.
- Thereafter, a dialog box will appear on your device screen. Now, click on the Restart button.
- Then, select the Apple key and click to Restart.
- After that, press the Control+Command+Eject keys or you can press the Control+Command+Power button at the same time from your keyboard.
Now, verify if your Mac iOS device supports the AirPlay or not. To check, follow these steps:
- At first, move to the Apple menu.
- Then, click on the System Preference option and click on the Display option.
- Now, the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” option will appear on your screen. If this option is shown on your device screen, then this means your Mac device supports AirPlay.
Once you are done with the above steps, now check if your Mac device is connected with the same network as the Apple TV or not. To check it, you will need to follow the steps below.
- At first, go to the settings option on your Mac device and select the Network option.
- Thereafter, move on to the menu bar and click on the Wi-Fi icon.
- Now, check if your network settings are exact or not.
Now, this is the time to update your Apple TV. If the steps are unknown to you then you may follow the steps below.
- First, go to the Settings menu and click on the System option.
- After that, click on the Software update option.
- Then, click on Update Software.
- Now, wait for a few minutes to complete the updating procedure.
After completing the updating procedure, you will need to check the firewall settings of your Mac device.
Here are the steps that can help you to check the firewall settings of your Mac device. Go through the steps that are described below.
- At first, go to the Apple menu and click on the System Preference option.
- Then, go to the Security and Privacy option and select the Firewall tab.
- After that, click on the lock icon. This will help you change the settings in your iOS device.
- Now, enter your provided password and click on the Firewall option to uncheck the “Block all incoming connections”
- Thereafter, check the “Automatically allow signed software to receive incoming connections” and click on the OK option.
Now, if you find out that the quality of the video is low, then, you will need to adjust the display settings of your HDTV. After that, restart the Apple TV and you will also need to restart your router. Furthermore, you have to update your router and check its documentation. After that, install the software updates on your provided MacOS device. Then, launch the App store from your device and click on the Update option and disable the Wi-Fi and reenable it. Now, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot the AirPlay Issues
If the above method does not work in resolving this glitch, then you can follow the upcoming steps to get rid of the situation.
At first, move to the Apple menu and click on the System Preferences option. Then, click on Displays. After that, locate the AirPlay Display option and also search for the “Show mirroring options in the menu bar when available” option. If you did not find out this option, then you need to know that MacOS device doesn’t support AirPlay.
At first, check if your Apple TV is not in the Sleep mode. If your device is in sleep mode, then immediately wake up your Apple TV with the help of remote or with any other iDevice that supports Apple TV Remote application. After that, try to update iTunes with its latest version. Or you can reinstall the iTunes. Here are the steps that can help you to do so.
- At first, you have to open the iTunes application.
- Then, go to the menu bar which is located at the top of the iTunes window and click on the Help option.
- After that, you need to check if any Updates are available or not. If you find any updates, then click on the Update option.
- Thereafter, follow the prompts as per instructed. This will help you install the newest version of iTunes.
- After that, wait for a few minutes to complete the installation procedure.
Now enable the Bluetooth device on your Mac device and also of your Apple TV. After that, you have to check for the software updates for your Mac or your Apple TV/AirPlay device. The AirPlay device needs to connect to the same Wi-Fi network as the Mac device. You should always try to connect the Apple TV with the router through an Ethernet cable connection instead of Wi-Fi network. Disable the Wi-Fi network and wait for a few seconds, and then enable it again.
You should always avoid the applications which are unused in your MacOS device. And disable those applications that required a lot of RAM. Then, select AirPlay icon which is located at the menu bar under the Match Desktop Size To option. Click on Apple TV.
If the AirPlay connection gets lost or faces any interruptions, then this happens due to the following situation.
- If you certainly locked your device and place it to the sleep mode. Or this may happen when you suddenly switch to a different application in your iOS device.
- The problem may also appear if you have Restarted your Apple TV or your MacOS device.
- The problem may also appear while Restarting or Updating the Router.
Solution 3: Change the Mac Firewall Settings
The problem might be resolved by changing the firewall settings of your MacOS device. The undermentioned steps will help you to do so.
At first, click on the Apple menu, then select the System Preferences option. After that, click on the Security and Privacy option. Then, click on the lock icon if it is needed. Thereafter, you need to enter the administrator name and password this will help you unlock the Settings. After that, proceed with the steps which are mentioned below.
Now, click on the FireWall Tab and select the Firewall options. After that, you have to enter the System Credentials if it is needed. Then, untick the Block All Incoming Connections from the next screen. And now, you will need to set the settings to enable the incoming attachments. Then you have to checkmark the “Automatically allow downloaded signed software to receive incoming connections”.
Now, you have to be sure that you have enabled the exact settings on the Display settings this will help you to display the Airplay icon on your Mac. to open the mirroring option click on the Apple menu first and from there select the System Preference option. After that, as the new dialog box appears on the screen, select the Display tab and proceed further with the following steps.
After you set it up, the AirPlay icon will appear on the top of the screen of your Mac. It will only help you when it will be available from the list of options.
From the list of options, you need to select the first one from the Resolution section and check the Adjust Brightness option to automatic. You can do so by checking the box that appears in Resolution section in the Display tab.
Once you are done with all the steps, close down the window and check if the error exists in the system or not.
Solution 3: Switch to AirPlay Mirroring Mode
If the methods mentioned above did not help you to resolve your problem with Apple AirPlay not working on Mac, then you should switch to AirPlay mirroring mode in your MacOS device. Here, are the steps that can help you to fix the problem.
At first, you will need to click on the AirPlay icon which is located at the top right of your MacOS menubar. Then, click on the Mirror Built-In Display option. This will help you to mirror Mac’s native resolution in the Apple TV.
Now, enter your provided password.
If you need to stop the mirroring or using the Apple TV with another display, then you need to click on the AirPlay icon which you can find on the menu bar. Thereafter, click on the Turn AirPlay Off option. Now, reboot your Modem and Router and check if the problem is resolved or not.
The purpose of writing this article was to give you detailed information on the issue with AirPlay not working on Mac. Hope, this article has helped you to resolve your problem. If you have any more question regarding this topic, then you can leave a remark in the comment section.