If this is case with children then you might wish to go for a Setup Parental Controls on Mac OS X Lion. Parental Controls are a type of functions which allows users to setup limitations to the computer, Apps, Utilities as well as websites. Limiting access to such things will surely help prevent accidental removal of files, hardware features and other such credentials of the system as advised by Mac OS X Lion Technical Support team. So, fortunately, creating an account with the help of Parental Controls is extremely easy and useful task in OS X Lion of Mac computers.
Steps To Setup Parental Controls on Mac OS X Lion
Use all the following instructions given below to create a new user account or one may even convert an existing account into Parental Controls section. In order to manage Parental Controls in Mac OS X Lion, users are advised by Mac OS X Lion Tech Support technicians to be logged in as an Administrator user and know the password to make necessary changes to the system.
Step 1: Working with the Parental Control Options
• To begin, click on the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner of the Mac screen and hit the Parental Controls option which is right under the System section.
• Next, you need to check whether you’d like to create a new account or convert an existing one?
Step 2: Working with the Account Section
• If users are creating a new account then type the desired message in Name, Account name, and a password with a hint which is an optional.
• Many tabs across the top will be visible to users on the Mac screen. They will be asked to select the Parental Control options for Apps, Web, People, Time Limits and Other. Under the Apps, one can use a Simple Finder option which displays a limited view of the desktop.
Step 3: Managing the illegal Sites
• The Web tab will further allow users to either have a total access to websites, attempt to block just adult sites, else they can add access to only the websites which they need to you specify. The latter option is of great choice for younger kids. Click on the Plus tab to easily add websites and the minus tab to efficiently remove websites from the list that are no longer needed.
• The Time Limits section is another great option for users to specify when and how long a user needs to use the computer. This is especially useful for various portable computers being used in bedrooms or in any other locations away from the direct supervision access of the users. User can further set usage limits for weekdays and weekends purposes, as well as can easily specify how late a child can use the computer by specifying a bedtime time limit.
• When finished, simply hit the lock icon located in the lower left corner of the parental control Windows to prevent further changes of this account.
Fix your Mac device issues with our Mac technicians by getting in touch at Mac OS X Lion Customer Support 1-800-281-3707. Solve your related Mac queries instantly.